|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 24, 2002
||Contact: Mark Johnson
Black River Stages - Harrisville, NY - Sept. 27 & 28
Harrisville, NY --
We're just over two months away from the fifth running of the Black River
Stages ClubRally presented by the Central New York Region of the SCCA.
Questions have started coming in regarding this year's event, so here are
- What is it?
- The Black River Stages is a Coef. 3 ClubRally, putting
highly prepared yet street legal cars on closed "special stages" where they
race against the clock. This year's event will have about 75 miles of racing
- When is it?
- Registration and tech will be on Friday, Sept. 27, from 10
am to 3 pm at the Harrisville Fire Hall. The action will start Friday night
and continue on Saturday.
- Where is it?
- The Town of Diana is again hosting us and most of the
special stages will take place in the town. However, we're making a return
to the Adirondack International Speedway after a one year absence and will
be running a Friday night stage there. This stage promises to be be
extremely challenging, as the 3.8 mile course starts on the paved racetrack,
then heads off onto gravel, dirt and loose gravel. And the first 25% of the
course can be seen from the grandstands, as can the night service area.
We're also adding at least two new stages to Saturday's legs, as well.
- How much?
- We've decided that the entry fee will not exceed $375 and,
if some things work out, it could be cheaper.
- How much can I win?
- Keeping up the tradition, there will be cash
awards to the top finishers in each class and overall.
- How many can play?
- We'll be expanding the field to 50 teams this year.
Information on registration will be posted soon.
- How can I help?
- Every rally depends upon volunteers, lots of them.
From course marshals to scoring to registration to start and finish crews to
Ham radio operators, all this fun takes a lot of work. If you visit the
Black River Stages web site at Worker's Form
you can sign up to help.
- Where can I get more information?
- As it becomes available, we'll post
it to the Black River Stages website.
Press Release Index
Black River Stages