This competition is designed to stimulate international competition between
Canada and the United States. Events counting for this NARC must be
Canadian or American events designated eligible by each sanctioning body
on their calendar for the current year. The Rally Regulations governing each
Championship and Series shall apply to the respective events. Competitors
shall be properly licensed and scoring is as follows:
A. The Drivers / Co-Drivers Championship
- Points are accumulated based on overall finishing positions at
- Competitors may count their best six events in the series (Jan 1-Dec
- To be eligible to qualify for points in the NARC, competitors must start
two events in each country, but may only count four events within any one
country. Points will be awarded to both driver and co-driver based on the
competitor's overall finishing position as follows:
In the case of a tie for the first position in the driver or
co-drivers Cup, the total points earned shall be used to determine
their position (higher points wins). All events entered will be
considered for tiebreakers.
- Points earned in one category (driver or co-driver) shall not be
- Awards are presented at the AGM of the winner's ASN (sanctioning
B. NARC for Manufacturers
The NARC for manufacturers is designed to stimulate interest in and
support of rallies by manufacturers.
- If the winning make of automobile is not manufactured in North
America, the appointed distributor and/or agent will receive the award.
- A manufacturer will receive the number of points earned by the highest
overall placing automobile of that make, per the schedule above, in all
qualifying events. Points scored from all events are counted.
- In case of ties in final point standings, they will be resolved according to each
manufacturer's record of 1st-place finishes, then if necessary, the number of
2nd-place finishes, and so on down through 10th place.
- The vehicle need not be the same model or year to be considered the
same (i.e., the Cup will determine the make (marque) of automobile winning the
most points such as Ford vs. Chevrolet not Ford Capri vs. Ford Escort).
- Award presented where majority of points earned were scored
(RA or CARS).